On occasion, I’ll let you in on a fun fact or two about myself. So here’s just a few for now:
1) I love old rock and new country. Every work day, I listen to the morning crew on a country station here in Austin, TX. They make me laugh out loud and that helps me stay happy and positive throughout the rest of the day. In the afternoons and on weekends, you can find me listening to the 70s station. (I’m such a 70s girl! Bob Seger, anyone?)
2) My hubby and I have been together nearly 36 years. In all that time, we’ve only spent 10 days apart.
3) Fraternal twins run on my mother’s side of the family. My grandmother had twins, two of my mother’s siblings had twins, my cousin had twins, and my nephew has twins.
4) My favorite getaways are usually in a car. Hubby and I can take off in the morning and drive for hours and discover new places. Or, hubby and I plan a nice, long road trip. (Best road trip snacks: chips, root beer or cream soda, and chocolate cupcakes. Eaten together or separately )
5) I come from a large family and so does hubby. We have 31 nephews and nieces and 33 great-nieces and great-nephews (at last count this week).
6) I was kicked out of kindergarten! There I was, at five on the first day of school, writing on a piece of paper when a teacher and the principal rushed up to me and said I didn’t belong there. I jumped back, wondering what I’d done wrong. A few minutes later, I was walked into first grade and there I stayed. Phew! I thought I was in trouble. I think due to my ability to read and write (some), I was “promoted” to first grade.