Book Club: The Long Journey Home
- Abby Wilder’s stuck in her life. Is there anything you shy away from doing to not upset the norm? At work? At home?
- Faced with the cold, hard truth, Abby makes the decision to leave. Do you agree with Abby’s choice? Why? Why not?
- When Abby is overwhelming with fear, she pushes past it and moves on. If you were Abby, could you have done the same thing? Why? Why not?
- Jeopardizing her safety, she searches for a vet to help with an injured dog. Should she have exposed herself like that? Why? Why not?
- Abby needs to find a home where she belongs. Do you think home is where you were born? Or is home somewhere waiting for you to find?
- Abby struggles to keep her distance with the people that she meets along her journey. Do you think it was possible for Abby to save herself and stay uninvolved? Why? Why not?
- Along the way, Abby realizes she must face her past before she can have a future. Was there another way for Abby to move forward in her life?
- What is the theme of the book? Must Abby give up the life she has dreamed of in order to live the life she was meant to?
- Have you ever had to give up on a dream and discovered the life you have is even better than the dream you held?
« Return to The Long Journey Home