Book Club: Runaway Wife
- Maggie’s life is off track. She seeks help in finding a solution to her problems. Do you agree with her decision? Why? Why not?
- Maggie and her husband’s priorities are not in sync. She thinks he’s changed. Have you ever felt, after years of agreeing, you and someone close aren’t on the same path? Were you able to fix it? How did you go about doing that?
- Maggie put her faith and trust into her friends. Do you think she made the right decision? Why? Why not?
- Maya Angelo says, if someone shows you who they are, believe them. Has someone ever shown you who they were and you dismissed it? What made you see them as they truly are?
- Faced with challenges along her journey, Maggie is forced to rely on her judgment. Do you agree with the choices she made? What were some other options she might have tried?
- When Maggie’s with her aunt, she becomes more of who she is. Why do you think it took Maggie so long to find her way? What could she have done differently to get there?
- It’s hard for Maggie to come back home and face the truth of her past. Do you believe that you can never go home again? Why? Why not?
- Along the way, Maggie learns many life lessons. What do you believe Maggie’s biggest lesson turned out to be? Why? What was your biggest life lesson? How have you changed because of it?
« Return to Runaway Wife